Thursday, August 25, 2011

Day 16 – Your views on mainstream music

If you had asked me this 8 years ago, I would have said I loved hip-hop & rap…and when they bad-mouth women, it doesn’t bother me in the least b/c they’re idiots and I know who I am.
Now I have two daughters. I still love hip-hop. But I’ve added Christian Rock to the mix. I don’t listen to any music where they bad mouth women or call them names. I’m comfortable being a woman and no one’s bad mouthing can make me feel like less of a person BUT my girls are very impressionable & I don’t want them growing up with a complex b/c these morons call women b*tches and talk about the dirty things they should do.

To each their own, but for me – I have to protect my girls for awhile – so we keep it clean now…at least when the girls are up or around. No matter what, I love me some Eminem – we’ll just have to keep the r rated songs on the DL.

Post a Comment