Thursday, August 4, 2011

Day 5 – A time when you thought about ending your own life

I can’t say I’ve ever really thought, “I’m going to kill myself”. It just hasn’t been something I wanted to do. Maybe I think too highly of myself? HA!
Sometimes when I’m sad, I think about how I don’t want to deal with the sadness or problem anymore – but I’ve never really considered suicide.
I’m happy I don’t have feelings or thoughts of suicide. My mom’s dad killed himself when she was 18.
When I was told to get on an anti-anxiety med by the heart dr., I panicked b/c I know one of the side effects CAN BE thoughts of suicide. With the a family history of depression & suicide, I did not want to take the medicine & bawled when she suggested it.
I’m happy I listened to her, she told me how important it was for me to take them and talked about my concerns. They have helped me tremendously. I wish I had looked into this long ago.


Post a Comment