Sunday, May 1, 2011

Good Friday, Holy Saturday & Easter Sunday

"Acts 13:30-35 ESV
(30) But God raised him from the dead, (31) and for many days he appeared to those who had come up with him from Galilee to Jerusalem, who are now his witnesses to the people.
(32) And we bring you the good news that what God promised to the fathers, (33) this he has fulfilled to us their children by raising Jesus, as also it is written in the second Psalm, “‘You are my Son, today I have begotten you.’(34) And as for the fact that he raised him from the dead, no more to return to corruption, he has spoken in this way, “‘I will give you the holy and sure blessings of David.’ (35) Therefore he says also in another psalm, “‘You will not let your Holy One see corruption.’"
Friday started with an early release from work, which was great because with all the overtime I've been working, I was exhausted! I had planned on taking the girls to an Easter event at a rehab a few miles away but honestly did not have the energy. As soon as I walked in the door, I dropped my stuff on the chest & walked into my room, laid down & fell asleep. Bryleigh was already napping, but Cadence came & got in bed with me, watching tv - but ended up asleep too!
Dennis came in & woke us up around 4. By then it was too late to hit up any of the pre-Easter events, so we had dinner & went to Shannon's so Cadence could play w/Kennedy for a little while.
They played Just Dance 2, Hide & Seek, Barbies & Tag. When it was time to go Cadence decided she wanted to stay the nite. Her first overnite away from home with someone other than family - eeekk!
010 - Copy011 - Copy014 - Copy
Saturday morning I was up bright & early to get ready to screen for Planned Pethood.
The beginning of the event, which happened to be the 1st outdoor event of the year, was BUSY! I could barely keep up. Once it slowed down, it was SLOW...which left me thinking...thinking about how sore my arms were getting.. Why were my arms so sore? Because they were FRIED!!! I mean FRIED! I was not expecting that...I was so sore.
When the event was over, we picked up Cadence & Kennedy & headed out to theChurch on Strayer for their annual Easter Egg Drop.
026030033032037038039040

It was a lot of fun...until I lost Cadence. I was panicked & crying, searching for her. I reported it to a sheriff working there..thankfully Denise, my wonderful photographer friend found her! Cadence was scared too...I'm still traumatized!
We headed back to Shannon's to drop Kennedy off after the drop, then headed home to color eggs.


The girls had fun coloring eggs & Cadence fell asleep faster than ever ready for the Easter Bunny to visit!
The next morning, Dennis & I had to wake the girls for them to look for their eggs...at TEN O'CLOCK! My gosh, I was always up super early for Christmas & Easter - my girls would sleep til noon if we'd let them! What kind of kids are they?! HA!
After finding the eggs, going through their baskets & starting their surgar high, we got them dressed & went to Church.

Cadence found the 1st egg of the morning!
Bryleigh loved to take 2 eggs & hit them together -
thank God they're hard boiled! ha!

Part of their baskets before they started pulling stuff out..
missing are the keys, movies & lalaloopsy!
Cadence showing dad - who is video'ing the morning..
she was too excited!

Bryleigh looking at her Tangled movie
























When we got home, we watched Sharpay's Fabulous Adventure - the movie in Cai's Easter basket.
Finally, we got ready & went to Marge's for dinner. It was a nice dinner - we stayed for a few hours visiting.

Our nephew Kasey


Emily & Cadence

Kasey & Emily





















By the time we got home it was bathtime. After their baths,the girls cuddled on the couch while I read them a story...
















Before the story was finished, Bryleigh was having an extreme meltdown so she went to bed a 1/2 hour early!
Cadence didn't want to go to bed - possibly still on a sugar high... She finally crashed around 9:45 and I followed not long after!
Dennis was watching tv when I said good-nite...he had some dvr's to catch up on!



















One of the things about holidays I love is traditions. Dennis & I would like to make our own traditions for the kids. One of the traditions I grew up with was singing Happy Birthday to Jesus. I still carry that one on with the girls. We also started another this past year of new pj's on Christmas Eve & reading Christmas books before bed.
For Easter Eve they color eggs, get baths & we talk about what Easter means. What happened on Easter & how important it is in our lives. Easter baskets always have a movie (this year it was Sharpay's Fabulous Adventure for Cai & Tangled for Bry), a little toy (car keys w/remote for B & a Lalaloopsy for Cai)...I want something more though...more meaningful & something less materialistic...

What are your family traditions?

No comments: