Friday, August 19, 2011

Thirty Days of Blogging continued...the 2nd set of ten...

Day 11 - Put your i-pod on shuffle & write 10 songs that pop up

When You’re Mad – NeYo
Ordinary People – John Legend
Put You To Bed – J Holliday
Put that Woman First – Jaheim
Sweet Lady – Tyrese
East to West
Amazing Love – Chris Tomlin
I Surrender to You – Jeremy Camp
Falsetto – The Dream
Signs of Love Making - Tyrese


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 12 – Bullet your whole day

8:32 am – Unwillingly wake up b/c of a full bladder
8:35 am – sit & talk w/Dennis & cuddle Bry
9:07 am – jump in the shower
9:20 am – get dressed & brush hair
9:25 am – Get Bryleigh dressed
9:30 am – wake up Cadence
9:45 am – Give Cadence breakfast (Dennis has already fed Bry)
10 am – clean the house
10:45 am – do Cai’s hair
10:50 am – start washer
10:55 am – play dollhouse with the girls
11:20 am – lay Bry down for a nap
11:22 am – play Barbies with Cai
11:57 am – get on fb & check emails
12:30 pm – make lunch for Cai, Dennis & I
1 pm – switch loads that I forgot about
1:10 pm – read my book
1:27 pm – Bry wakes up & is raring to go
1:30 pm – change B’s diaper & give her lunch
1:50 pm – clean her up & clean up kitchen
2:15 pm – switch loads/fold laundry
2:45 pm – take the girls outside to play for a bit
3:45 pm – give the girls a snack
4:03 pm – put Sharpays fabulous adventure in the dvd player for the girls to watch
4:05 pm – read more of my book
5:00 pm – help dennis make dinner
5:34 pm – serve dinner
6:08 pm – clean up from dinner
6:30 pm – read some of my favorite blogs
7:12 pm – Selena comes over
7:29 pm – we head to 577 for volunteering
10:37 pm – we FINALLY leave 577
10:44 pm – stop at McD’s for a cold shake
11:01 pm – get to my house and flop onto furniture
11:38 pm – say good-bye to Selena & Nathan
11:45 pm – kiss Cai good-nite & tuck her into bed
11:50 pm – shower
12:06 am – crawl into bed & watch some tv
12:52 am – turn on tv sleep timer – roll over & close eyes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 13 – Somewhere you’d like to visit or move

I’d LOVE to visit Ireland – however, I’m petrified of flying, so I’m going to say it’s probably not going to happen. However, I want & will visit Kahnawake. This is the Indian Reservation my grandfather was born on. It’s in Quebec, Canada.
I’m hoping to maybe go next summer or fall. I think this will be a great learning experience for me & the girls.

I would also love to visit the East Coast during the fall color change. The pictures are amazing – I can only imagine how much more amazing it is in real life.

Ruby Falls in TN is another spot I’d like to visit, also the Mall of America & at some point California & Hawaii.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 14 – Your earliest memory

Sometimes when I look at pictures, I remember what was happening during those pictures. When I’m not looking at the pictures, but I have a memory – I wonder if it’s a true memory or a picture I’m remembering.

That being said, I think I remember when I was 3 yrs old, sitting on my dad’s shoulders in the hallway of my gramma’s house. I was wearing a yellow dress. But there is also a picture of this moment, so I’m never sure if I actually remember this or I think I remember it.
I do have a very clear memory of sitting with my mom & dad on the couch – I must have been 3ish & my dad is wearing his Bi-State Ford uniform shirt. I always called him ‘Honey’ instead of ‘dad’ b/c I was an only child at that point & that is what my mom called him. I remember running my finger of the patch that said ‘Bi-State Ford Trucks’ and saying it aloud. Then running my finger over the patch w/his name but saying ‘Honey’ instead. I remember my parents laughing. It’s a good memory…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 15 - Your favorite blogs

https://www.facebook.com/InThisWonderfulLife/

http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 16 – Your views on mainstream music

If you had asked me this 8 years ago, I would have said I loved hip-hop & rap…and when they bad-mouth women, it doesn’t bother me in the least b/c they’re idiots and I know who I am.
Now I have two daughters. I still love hip-hop. But I’ve added Christian Rock to the mix. I don’t listen to any music where they bad mouth women or call them names. I’m comfortable being a woman and no one’s bad mouthing can make me feel like less of a person BUT my girls are very impressionable & I don’t want them growing up with a complex b/c these morons call women b*tches and talk about the dirty things they should do.

To each their own, but for me – I have to protect my girls for awhile – so we keep it clean now…at least when the girls are up or around. No matter what, I love me some Eminem – we’ll just have to keep the r rated songs on the DL.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 17- Your highs & lows of this past year

As I read this subject line over and over, I really can’t say there’s been anything better than just being with my family every day. For sure the lowest point ever was when my heart went into a-fib. It scared me in ways I can’t even explain. My highs are any time I spend with the girls and Dennis…I know it sounds corny, but really, I’m easy to please.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 18 – Your hobbies

I LOVE reading – I mean LOVE. It takes me to another world and is always better than a movie. I like to do crafts and decorate the house or at least dream of how I want to decorate it if I ever come into large sums of money! HA! I like to spend time w/the girls & dennis, play board games and host family dinners. I like to take pictures and edit them.
I’m looking forward to learning how to use the sewing machine and possibly knitting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 19 – Disrespecting Your parents

You shouldn’t do it. I’m guilty of it. I think it’s harder as you become an adult to hold back form disrespecting them. Mostly it starts with disagreements, but if you think they’re wrong & they won’t listen, as an adult, sometimes you tell them how you feel, which often is disrespectful.

No comments: