Saturday, January 5, 2013

Whitney Marie

This story is long and painful, and while sharing it brings up the pain I went through 6 yrs ago, I am also beyond ecstatic that one of the girls we brought into our lives and hearts at that time, has come back to our family.
6 1/2 years ago, Dennis & I were going to adopt 2 sisters. The oldest, Whitney, & I bonded quickly. It took no time at all for her to become my daughter. The youngest had a hard time adjusting to not being the baby anymore (Cai was the baby) & there were a lot of other problems.
They were eventually moved to their old foster home.... If we didn't have Cadence, things would have been different and we would have been able to do something to fix the things that were broken, but we couldn't put Cadence through that, so with a very heavy heart, we accepted the new future, without them.
During these last 6 years, I've dreamt about Whitney, prayed for her, reminisced over pictures. That girl stole my heart. I wanted to contact her, but out of respect for her and her family, I didn't think it was a good idea. I wanted her to have a fresh start without me holding her back.
She turned 18 last yr. I waited until she moved out and contacted her. She's been part of our lives since. I feel like a void has been filled. She loves being an older sister to my girls, she's asked if its ok to call me mom (UHH YESSS!!) and enjoys spending time with us and doing family things. It makes me so happy to have her back. I've missed the last 6 yrs but I'm gonna make sure to be in the next 70!! We are very excited 2 have her back in our lives.  Its hard to believe she's not the same 12 yr old girl asking me questions about life, but she's turned into a beautiful adult with a fantastic future. 


No comments: