Sunday, August 11, 2013

Chicken Crescent Rolls

I'm proud of myself for coming up with this recipe on my own. Even Dennis was surprised!
He kept asking me, are you sure this was all you?? Yes, it was. I saw other recipes that had a few of the ingredients together, but not one like this. Pinterest had great recipes, but none put this together and honestly, I don't see a lot with the french onion soup mix. Man, I love that stuff!
4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
2 pck crescent rolls
Mozz cheese – I didn’t measure b/c we LOVE cheese, so we pile it on
French onion soup mix dry

Preheat oven to temp listed on Crescent rolls – usually 375

Brown chicken on both sides in fry pan. Add water to cover chicken, add 1 packet of dry French onion soup mix & cover.

Cook until chicken is completely cooked through.

Cut into chunks.

Open crescent rolls & pinch together seams of 2 triangles to make 4 different crusts. Add chicken chunks & as much mozz cheese as you want. Then add the other package of crescent rolls, pinching seams of 2 triangles together, than placing them on top of the chicken mixture & pressing the top & bottom crescents together. Sometimes we can get a really good seam, other times, not so much.




Bake for 12-14 mins (or as long as the rolls require). Serve w/green beans & rice.
Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream for dessert equals YUM!

And really, the combination possibilities are numerous. We also made these with pepper jack cheese, sharp cheese and colby.
Instead of French soup mix, we did dry Italian dressing...the crescent roll has the flavor bake right in - it's sooo good!
We also made turkey burger (I don't eat red meat, so at home we use turk burg in lieu of hamburger) and put taco seasoning in w/taco mix cheese and served w/lettuce, tomato & sour cream... (hello heartburn!)...

Let me know if you try this and what combinations you use. I'm curious to see what else other people come up with!

No comments: