Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Crockpot chicken tacos

Dennis is FINALLY back to work and doesn't get home until between 6 & 7 most nights.  After all of the running I do after work on any given day, we are walking in shortly before him.  I have decided I'm going to put the crockpot to use again.

Today I made chicken tacos.  I always use frozen, boneless, skinless chicken breast.  I only made three b/c I didn't want a lot of leftovers if the girls didn't like it. It gave us a perfect amount for each of us to have 2 tacos each.  Dennis LOADED his full of chicken, while the girls didn't.  I had a normal amount. 

Also, a huge time saver, crockpot liners.  Because honestly, who wants to clean up after dinner?!! 

I thought it tasted good, Bry wasn't a huge fan, but she doesn't like taco meat either.  Cai liked hers, as did Dennis & I. 

I have to say, somewhere on one of those lifehack posts, I saw the easiest way to shred mean was to use a mixer.  That is the TRUTH!!!!  It literally takes a minute and it's perfectly shredded with no work!!  I LOVE IT!  Best hack I've ever used.

Tomorrow we are making chicken philly meat in the crockpot...mm...I love chicken philly sandwiches!

Tonight's easy recipe:

3 boneless, skinless chicken breast (mine were frozen)
2 spoonfuls of taco seasoning (you can add more if you like them stronger)
1/2 a block of cream cheese cut into chunks
1 c of chicken broth (could use water if you'd rather)

I dropped it all into the crockpot.  Turned it on low and it was ready in 6 hours. 

We had them on tortillas with lettuce, tomato, cheese, sour cream, etc.

The only bad part about this one was that I had to come home and turn it on at lunch (only b/c I forgot to turn it on before I left for work).  Not turning it on in the am turned out to be a blessing b/c it def would have burnt if I had let it go for 10 hrs! 
Tomorrow I will use my digital crockpot that turns to 'warm' after the cook time is complete.

I hope you enjoy this easy 4 ingredient crockpot recipe!

No comments: