Tuesday, May 28, 2019

"A hero is someone who has given their life to something bigger than oneself." – Joseph Campbell

Memorial Day 2019

We were so excited to have our first get together with family at the RV.  The rain from the previous few weeks, however, put a small damper on that.

Being new to RV camping and honestly, not otherwise big campers, we didn't think about the fact that all of the campgrounds would be sold out in advance. Luckily we found a spot at Camp Sabroske.  It's a very small campground but everyone there is so nice!

We got out to the campground, which was only about 25-30 mins from the house and got the RV into it's spot.  We had a TON of wood to unload, so we backed the van up to put the wood at the back of the camping spot.  Because of all the rain, the van got stuck in the 'yard'.  We were freaking out, trying to figure out a way to get out.  I'm in the van, cussing and yelling.  All of a sudden people from the campground start coming over.  They are trying to help us push it out, another brings over this massive tire from a tractor that was torn open and place it under my front tire so i can get traction.  It worked!  I got out and I was so thankful to all these nice people that came to help.

I realized that everyone knew everyone at this campground and it that was just different to me.  We were literally the only people that didn't know anyone.  I got onto the campground website and learned that it was a Christian campground.  Obviously this isn't a problem for us, however, I was cussing like a trucker earlier when I was stuck and I was just hoping no one heard me.
Also, a lot of my family was coming over and I was worried about them too, haha.  But really...I was.

When everyone got there, we had started cooking food.  It started to sprinkle, but no big deal, we were all under canopies.  And thennnn...the skies opened and and poured the hardest rain ever down upon us.  We all were racing to the camper and trying to get the food to the camper.  The rains were so heavy they immediately flooded our way to the camper and we were basically all running through mud.  It was horrendous.  Everyone was drenched by the time we were safely inside.  It was nice to have the safety of the rv though.  And for Dennis, me and the girls, we all had a change of clothes.  But omg - what a way to spend our first holiday with visitors.













No comments: