Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Mound Brownies

I don’t know how many people out there are like me, but I’m obscenely addicted to Pinterest. Like, I need to go to a support group.
Anyway – one of the things I found was a recipe for Mound Brownies. Seriously – Almond Joy & Mounds are my go-to candy! I love, love, love all things coconut! I miss coconut twix!

So…here is my endorsement to this fantastically, delicious recipe!

My pic isn’t as pretty as Katrina's @ In Katrina's Kitchen, the blog I found it on..
To me it doesn’t matter how it looks, as long as it tastes mm..mm..good!

Mounds Brownie Recipe (my altered version)

Ingredients:
•1 Family Size (9x13) pan of brownies, prepared
•4 Cups shredded, unsweetened coconut (the original recipe calls for 5 1/3 cups - it's a little too much)
•14oz Can sweetened condensed milk
•1 Cup powdered sugar (the original calls for 1 1/2 c) again, i thought it was too much)
•1 Can of chocolate frosting

Directions:
1. Prepare brownies and let cool completely.
2. In the bowl of your mixer combine coconut, sweetened condensed milk, and powdered sugar until all ingredients are incorporated. (this is a VERY thick mixture - use a mixer)
3. Spread coconut mixture over brownies.
4. Place can of frosting in the microwave for 10-30 seconds (please be sure to remove foil liner and lid) until pourable.
5. Pour frosting over the coconut mixture. Let cool and set up.




Pin It

No comments: