I don’t know how many people out there are like me, but I’m obscenely addicted to Pinterest. Like, I need to go to a support group.
Anyway – one of the things I found was a recipe for Mound Brownies. Seriously – Almond Joy & Mounds are my go-to candy! I love, love, love all things coconut! I miss coconut twix!
So…here is my endorsement to this fantastically, delicious recipe!
My pic isn’t as pretty as Katrina's @ In Katrina's Kitchen, the blog I found it on..
To me it doesn’t matter how it looks, as long as it tastes mm..mm..good!
Mounds Brownie Recipe (my altered version)
•1 Family Size (9x13) pan of brownies, prepared
•4 Cups shredded, unsweetened coconut (the original recipe calls for 5 1/3 cups - it's a little too much)
•14oz Can sweetened condensed milk
•1 Cup powdered sugar (the original calls for 1 1/2 c) again, i thought it was too much)
•1 Can of chocolate frosting
1. Prepare brownies and let cool completely.
2. In the bowl of your mixer combine coconut, sweetened condensed milk, and powdered sugar until all ingredients are incorporated. (this is a VERY thick mixture - use a mixer)
3. Spread coconut mixture over brownies.
4. Place can of frosting in the microwave for 10-30 seconds (please be sure to remove foil liner and lid) until pourable.
5. Pour frosting over the coconut mixture. Let cool and set up.