Thursday, August 20, 2009

2 wks old!!!

Seriously, I have no idea how time got away from me. I'm home most of the day, yet have no time or energy or desire to post. I'm such a slacker .
Getting pictures of Bryleigh is almost like getting pictures of Big Foot or the Lock Ness Monster - she's very elusive. My camera's flash is so bright, she always closes her eyes..so while pictures aren't actually hard to get (it's not like she can run away or something) but w/her eyes open - impossible!

So here I sit w/an amazing camera & the only good pictures I get is w/my cheap phone camera b/c there is no flash. I did turn the flash off on my camera but then everything is blurry. Whatever.

Sarah said they're offering a class at Owens, so she & I may take it b/c she doesn't know how to work her camera either (unless we're outside & it's sunny - ha!).

So, here's the rundown for the last 2 wks...

We got home from the hospital the Sat before last & just kind of adjusted the first few days. We started to get into a decent routine by Wed, which also happened to be Dennis' first nite back to work.
My mom came over & slept on the couch w/Cadence til Dennis got home around 4.
The next nite Lisa was going to come, but things happen & she wasn't able to make it. I survived my 1st nite alone w/both girls!

Last week, Bryleigh had jaundice & it wasn't actually going away - her billi-rubin count was rising, so she was on a blanket that helped get the billirubin out of her system. What a pain that thing was. It worked wonderfully, so I'm thankful for that, but it was hard to move her around & nursing was pretty impossible b/c that thing was so awkward.

Meanwhile, she wasn't gaining any weight, so her dr. said that it was fine if I didn't want to do formula, but I had to pump b/c she wasn't nursing well. So I started pumping & giving her a bottle of breastmilk.
The end result - she now wants the bottle. Grrr! I've been fortunate enough to work with some really wonderful lactation consultants & nursing is getting easier.

As of yesterday, Bryleigh weighs 6lb 4 oz. She's so freaking cute & cuddly, I love holding her. I could seriously hold her all day. When I lay her down, I'm constantly checking to see if she's awake so I can hold her again. :)

Cadence is doing well w/her. She's not doing anything jealous or acting out or anything out of control. She's still in daycare, though she just started back yesterday. She enjoys playing w/Bryleigh but only for a little bit at a time. Right now B is too fragile for Cadence to really be interested, but Cadence is so cute when she talks to her. It melts my heart :)

Here a few pics of Bryleigh & one of Cadence - like I said, either blurry or eyes are closed...enjoy..

















Til next time...

No comments: