Friday, October 21, 2016

Sunday Funday!

J/ was actually Saturday Funday, but it most definitely doesn't have the same ring to it as Sunday. 

Our Saturday started out as usual, house cleaning, laundry folding, etc.  Dennis works 7-3:30, so it's just the girls & I working around the house.  Once the house was clean, we ran to the store for a few things, picked up a fun box of pumpkin shaped cookies for a Halloween party the girls were invited to.

I dropped them off at said party and I headed home to switch loads and get ready for Jody & Ron's wedding! YAY!

After I finished switching loads, I ended up picking up Lisa & Taevion so they could ride with us out to the wedding.  Dennis picked up the girls from Morgan's and headed over to pick up Cadence's friend that was staying the night.  Finally, we were able to head to the wedding.
It was at Jody's aunt & uncle's house, and it was in the country. As we were driving out there, we passed a kid, maybe 9 or 10, with a scary ass mask on, standing at the end of his yard, near the road, VERY slowly waving at us as we drove by.  He was extremely creepy.  Lisa was freaking out.  HAHA.

The wedding was awesome - Jody looked beautiful!

We didn't stay too long, we wanted to get over to the Folklore Fest since it ended at 9.  When we got there, it was still daylight (usually we get there as it is getting dark) and it was WARM!!  I honestly don't think it's ever been warm.  We are usually freezing, sipping hot coffee & standing in front of the fire to try and warm up.  Everything aches by the time we climb into the car b/c we were shivering.
But not this time.  This time was perfection.  They even added some new activities, one was the spooky trail - it was pretty awesome.  I can't wait for next year!

When we got home, we threw some frozen pizzas in the oven and the girls decorated some cookies.  After we ate, watched about a 1/2 hr of tv and cleaned up, it was 10:30, so I headed to bed.  The girls were playing in the bedroom and they weren't being loud, so I let them stay up.  I was asleep within seconds of lying down.

When the real Sunday Funday rolled around, it was anything but fun.  I had to wake the girls early to get ready for Religion, that was pleasant..I assume it was close to midnight, if not after, by the time they fell asleep and here I was waking them less than eight hours later.
The plan was to drop off Cai's friend & then take them to Religion, but of course, we were running late (story of my life) and I had to take the girls first.  After I dropped off her friend, I ran to the store, grabbed a few things, picked up the girls and we ran to my work to anonymously start the 'you've been booed' fun at my work.  I would have taken it all in early Mon morning, but let's be serious, I would never make it before the people I was 'booing'.
We went to Whitney's to drop off clothes for her & the kids that she had left at our house.  The trip was crummy b/c it was raining and it takes about 35 mins to get there.  But I made it a little more enjoyable with a VERY scary story!  The girls were enjoying it so much they were bummed when we got home and the story ended...mid-scare!

When I walked in the door, I wanted to just relax, but there was cheer practice & dinner to make, so I kept it moving.

That evening, when everything was done and I finally had a little time to relax, I opened my Nook and picked up where I left off in 'My Commander'.  While the book isn't exactly what I like to read.  The pace and lack of buildup was a downfall for me, but overall, for an easy, amusing read - I enjoyed it.

Now it's Friday and we have a weekend full of soccer tournaments.  Maybe we can sneak in making popcorn balls...but mostly - I will be enjoying the fall weather and tv movies!  I hope you have a great weekend, too!

Post a Comment