Tuesday, February 10, 2009

High Risk Pregnancy Part 1

According to medchart.com the definition of a high risk pregnany is:
-A pregnancy, where because of a specific health history of the mother or child, the risk of birth defects or complications is increased.
Being high risk has both good & bad sides. Obviously, the fear of something happening is probably the worse part of being high risk, but any pregnancy can have something bad happen.
At the beginning of my pregnancy w/Cadence, before I developed DVT's, I didn't really have faith. I blamed God for a lot & thanked Him for very little.
When I was hospitalized, I panicked and turned to Him for healing. I felt guilty knowing I was turning to Him because I wanted to be healed, that until then, I really didn't allow Him into my life and if I did, it was always briefly.
"fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God;I will strengthen you, I will help you,I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. —Isaiah 41:10 "
After being released from the hospital, we tried to attend Church again because we were thankful. We chose the local Catholic Church, b/c that was how we were both raised, where we married each other, it seemed right. It wasn't. No matter how bad I wanted it, I just couldn't find my place there. I didn't pay attention during services, I got bored quickly and didn't understand the passages or the sermons.
We quit going. After Cadence was born, we tried again, knowing how important it is for her to grow with faith. Again, it didn't last.
Not long after Cadence's 1st b/day, we found Cedar Creek. Lisa had talked about it and a friend of my mom's talked about it. I felt that b/c it wasn't a Catholic Church, I shouldn't go. My gramma, a devout Irish Catholic, knew the pastor as a child and visited during a service. She relayed to us how laid back it was and how proud of Lee she was b/c he was truly churching the unchurched.
That was the push we needed. My Gramma, of course, would never falter from her beliefs, but I didn't know my beliefs, I only knew the few things I learned growing up and I certainly wasn't learning anymore on the current course.
Our first service was overwhelming. Catholic churches, especially the one we attended, are nothing like Cedar Creek. CC was large and loud and full to the brim. It was so overwhelming, but we actually learned something. There was a handout and questions to fill in and Dennis & I discussed the sermon on the drive home.
Cadence survived her first time away from us (not including family members) and has even grown to love it.
My heart was overflowing with joy when I heard her playing w/Colin last week and said, no Colin, we have to go to Church first. And then preceded to play like she was at Church. I couldn't ask for more from my FOUR year old!
"Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6"
So absolutely, hands down, the best thing out of my high risk pregnancy was the faith I developed. Finding & accepting Christ into my life has allowed me to trust my worries to Him and enjoy the beautiful gifts He has given me.
Ultrasounds - 2 wks apart - the one on the left I was 14 wks & the one on the right I was 12 wks

No comments: