Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Voice 6/14 recap

I wasn’t too surprised when Beverly made it through with America’s votes. She was pretty awesome last week!
I was surprised Christina chose Frenchie! I’m not saying she doesn’t deserve it, but it just was a little bit of a shock.

I was absolutely THRILLED Dia was chosen by America & EVEN MORE THRILLED when Blake chose Xenia!
He said the 2 feed off each other & he was happy to keep them together – me too, Blake, me too!

I cannot put in to words how amazing the performance done by the Thompson sisters was. I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it! They looked adorable & sound great. What an odd song to choose – Bugle Boy- but soooo perfect for them.

Casey did well – I still liken her voice to Stevie Nicks…even tho she’s on Adam’s team, I just don’t feel it with her.

Vicci did “Jolene” & sound fantastic. No stomping though – wonder if this song was on purpose to control that.

Devon went on & while, to me, there was nothing noteworthy about his singing..he’s a cute guy.

Nakia sang next & he was good, but eh - I feel bad, but I could take it, I could leave it..

FINALLY – My guy is up! JEFF, JEFF, JEFF…He sings Jesus Take the Wheel & I loved it, but I will be the first to admit – talking about his mom who passed away seems a bit like he’s really trying for some extra votes. Hey, my dad passed away a few years ago – I know what it’s like to lose a parent, so I’m pretty sure it’s ok for me to say – don’t use that for your ratings..

Curtis was singing Addicted to Love. There were quite a few notes that didn’t sound so hot - his comments after the song to Christina were hilarious! A little banter between them & it was pretty hot b/c it got bleeped – ha!

Finally, my other favorite guy – Javier. Yum – yum! He sang in the Arms of an Angel. I wasn’t impressed. I mean he sounded good – but that’s not the song for him. Oh well..

Can’t wait for Tuesdays episode to see where it goes from here!

No comments: