Friday, March 21, 2008

It's officially Spring...or so I've been told

So the rumor is that yesterday was the official first day of Spring. However, here in Toledo, OH...not so much. We're expecting a snow storm tonite w/3-6 in of snow by morning. Yippee.. I love snow - I love snow storms, but we've had our fair share this year & I'm quite ready for it to be done!
To catch you up on our past week -

The rest of Monday - Cadence made some cute Blarney Stones to celebrate St. Pat's Day. Dennis came home from the hospital & was pretty tired.

My Little Artist


That evening, Dennis & I went to the class at church, while Cadence stayed at home w/my mom. She woke up in a bad mood & was screaming for about 10 mins. My mom tried everything to get her to stop & finally yelled at her. That worked, when we got home, Cadence was quietly watching tv. Cadence had a rush of energy & instead of going to sleep - decided dancing was a better idea..here are some videos of her dancing..



Tuesday - Jenny called & asked if she could kidnap Cadence & take her w/them to Chuck E Cheese that evening. You didn't have to twist my arm - anything to make Cadence tired!
Havin fun @ Chuck E. Cheese

Wed - Cadence got to spend more time w/Uncle Alan, Aunt Jenny & Colin. They babysat her while Dennis & I worked. After work, we went to the hospital daycare to tour it. It's not only right at Dennis' work, but down the street from our house & right next to the e-way entrance (for me to go to work!). Cadence wanted to play, but we only stayed for 20 mins. Long enough to learn about the daycare. They have an accreditation by the National Academy of Early Childhood Programs, a division of the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) - this recognition has been achieved by approximately 7% of early childhood programs nationwide. How could I pass up this wonderful opportunity?! So, Cadence starts on Monday! Wed evening, I brought Colin back to my house for awhile to give Alan a break from kids.

Thursday - When I got home from work, I really wanted to spend some time w/Cadence. I feel like I haven't been able to cuddle her & spend time w/her the last few days. They've just been so busy. She, on the other hand, wanted nothing to do w/me. I was a little offended. Finally, I gave up on trying to get some Caco love & watched a mini-One Tree Hill marathon. I was able to delete like 3 episodes off of my dvr - yah me! :)

Today - I just got home from running Dennis to work. I am going to take Cadence to Lisa's while I work. We only work a 1/2 day today, so when I get off I'll pick up Cai & take Lisa to get her phone fixed. Then I have to go to the daycare to turn in the paperwork & sign papers. Cadence will also get a chance to meet some of her new classmates & teachers.

When we're done at the daycare, we'll head over & get Dennis from work. He has a dentist appt this pm, so while he's there, Cadence & I can walk around the mall.

Tonite - I'll be spending the evening cleaning up. We're having Easter dinner here on Sunday, so I'd like to have it all done tonite so that tomorrow I'm not running around like a mad woman trying to get the house finished.

Tomorrow - I'll probably be taking Mohawk to the event & picking up our newest foster..Ranger. Dennis is still unsure if he's going to car care clinic tomorrow. It's been a LONG week for him - so he's thinking he may sit this one out..
Ranger...looking for his forever home..any takers?
Tomorrow evening we will be going to church & then come home to paint eggs for the Easter Bunny to hide. I'll send a quick update tomorrow nite & Sunday nite - Have a Happy Easter!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is a ham - I love her dance moves. Put some pompoms in her hand & u have a little blonde haired/blue eyed cheerleader - isn't that what you said you always wanted?
have a good easter - miss you!