Thursday, December 18, 2008

ONE WEEK UNTIL CHRISTMAS!

Or seven days or 168 hours or 10,080 minutes. YIKES!
Thankfully, these numbers mean nothing to me, because I am done shopping - yes, done - not one thing left to buy. Do you know how good that feels?! Done-finito…all the gifts are ready to wrap, gifts for the nieces, nephews, sisters, brothers, Dennis' parents, my mom & Mike. All done - it's a good feeling.
This past Friday, I had a pretty awesome evening. Kari sent out an invite for a small get together at her house around 7. I wanted to go, if only to get a hug & figured I'd only stay a bit, as I don't know any of her friends. However, that was not the case, I stayed until I had to get Dennis @ 9:30 & would have stayed longer if I didn't have to get him! Her friends are funny & witty & after awhile, I was showing off pictures of Noah & Lola to Janeen & Ling, while they showed me their babies.
Sat morning, we took Cadence to my work Christmas party & she had fun. Got a My Little Pony from Santa & she was thrilled. We had Kathleen babysit her for a few hours that evening, while we finished our shopping.
Sunday we went to Church & to the grocery store & home to relax.
This evening, we are going to the funeral home to pay our respects to my Aunt Sharon, Uncle Scott & Uncle Tracy's mom, Nancy. My prayers are with them as they grieve their loss & celebrate her life.
Not much else really going on this week - I did pass my Crime test yesterday - go me…
Madison's b/day party tomorrow, for which Cadence wrapped the gifts - interesting wrapping tactics she used, by the way.
Visiting our old foster dog, Max fka Mohawk, on Sat. Looking forward to seeing him! Cadence still talks about him, so I'm telling her tonite we're going to see him. She is very impatient (hmmm..where does she get that wonderful quality?) so I've learned to only tell her about things we're going to do, a day or 2 before we actually do them.
She has a Christmas party w/her teammates on Sunday - that should be fun…we'll be making some goodies to take w/us for that.
And except for wrapping presents & Church, we will be home enjoying the Love of our Lord & remembering the reason for Christmas..

"There has been only one Christmas - the rest are anniversaries." ~W.J. Cameron

No comments: