Monday, December 8, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook 12/8/08

(click picture to activate link)


FOR TODAY 12/8/08

This past weekend...we mailed out our Christmas newsletters, made Rice Krispie snowmen, finished the house, watched NCIS, went to the store for MORE baking items, tried the Olive Garden fettucini recipe - it was pretty yummy & tried to make a gingerbread house - we weren't up to code & it collapsed!

Outside my window...it's cloudy & cold

I am thinking...I could have used an extra hour of sleep

I am thankful for...a child that loves to learn

From the learning rooms...Cadence is working on writing & spelling her name - she even helped write her letter to Santa - who cares if her portion was all circles!

From the kitchen...lots and lots of baking! Chocolate chip cookies, pb cookies, Rice Krispie snowmen, PB bars!

I am wearing...clothes - not pajamas and slippers - which is what I'd love to be in right now!

I am creating...a list of crafts for Cadence & I to do in the evenings this week

I am going...to work on Cadence's Christmas list tonite

I am reading...the Crime book for work - test next Wed!

I am hoping...to pass the test! :)

I am hearing...that there are going to be a lot of storms this week

Around the house...we're still finding powdered sugar from the snowmen we made yesterday for Cadence's friends

One of my favorite things...is to sit in the living room in the evenings w/the lights off & the Christmas tree lit up - so pretty!

A few plans for the rest of the week: do some crafts with Cadence, study for my crime test, finish House season 1, work on writing w/Cadence, Christmas shopping this weekend, sleep in!

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

No comments: