Monday, December 1, 2008

Thankful..


A little late - but so grateful, wanted to share…
I'm thankful for my beautiful 3 year old (4 in 28 days!), temper tantrum throwing, foot stomping, loud screaming, alphabet singing, Dora watching daughter. Because to be throw those tantrums means she's strong willed - a great asset for a woman & strong women start young. To stomp those feet, she's able to walk; to scream means she has a voice & can speak; to sing the alphabet means she's learning; to watch Dora means she can see - and there's nothing more that I could ask for from God for her, than those wonderful senses.
I'm thankful for my 2-job hating, fun loving, overly-helpful husband. Thankful b/c not only does he have ONE job in this economy, he is blessed w/2 (even if he doesn't see it as a blessing some days!). Fun loving, even when his humor gets on my nerves b/c at least he isn't cold & gray. Overly-helpful b/c even though he wants to stop for every broke down car & help family as much as possible, he could be lazy & selfish & want to sit at home & take care of only him.
I'm thankful for my health, b/c even though I'm on blood thinners and heavy it means, that I'm at less risk for a blood clots & being heavy means we have plenty to eat.
I'm thankful for my dogs & my cat b/c even though they get on my nerves sometimes, they think we're perfect & sometimes, it feels good to be perfect in SOMEONE's eyes!
I'm thankful for my job b/c this economy is bad & my job provides for my family.
I'm thankful for my apartment b/c even though it's not in a great neighborhood, we have somewhere to live all our own.
I'm thankful to my family because no matter how much drama they bring, they are who will be there in the most important time.
I'm thankful for my friends because they are great listeners & advisors. I’m especially thankful for Michele, b/c it's good to have someone you see every day that understands it all & even if she doesn't understand it all, she's listens.
Mostly, Lord, I'm thankful for this life & Your love. May you continue to bless us as we enter this joyous season, celebrating Jesus Christ, our Savior.
Please continue to open my eyes to Your love & bless me with the knowledge of Your presence.
Please watch over my family and friends as we continue on through the lives You have given us.
Thank you!

No comments: