Monday, April 25, 2011
My Monday Meal - Cheesy Chicken Green Bean Casserole
6 Tablespoons butter, cut into cubes
6 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup whole milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
8 cups fresh green beans
2 cups cooked cubed chicken
1 small can french fried onion rings
1. Melt butter in a large saucepan. Stir in flour until smooth.
2. Slowly add broth, milk, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
3. Stir in 1/3 cup of the Parmesan cheese until melted.
4. Add beans and chicken, combine well.
5. Pour mixture into a greased 2 quart baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle the onion rings on top of cheese.
6. Bake, uncovered, in a 375 degree F oven for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
What is your Monday Meal?