Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Baby Shower

My team at work through me (and Clare - also on my team & due 8/14) a baby shower & I felt absolutely awkward having a 2nd baby shower.
I don't know why, I really can't explain it..but it was fantastic & I was given some really nice gifts!

From my wonderful friends, Alison, Andrea, Bobbie, Jackie, Lindsay, Michele, Sarah, & Stephanie - I rec'd a travel system. I love it - it's green w/polka dots!
And as Michele said when she rec'd hers - now I can bring home the baby. :)

I also rec'd lots of gift cards, a really cute hooded bath towel set w/wash cloths (pink & brown - LOVE THOSE COLORS together!), a teddy bear, onsie, rattles, outfit, and a few other things that I can't think of off the top of my head.

Cadence loved going through everything. She's very excited too.
Andrea & I were talking earlier about getting stuff for B & feeling guilty about not getting anything for Cadence. I'm so proud of her b/c she's never asks for anything for herself when I tell her we're buying something for B. All she says is, get this for my stister or get that. She enjoys getting her stuff almost as much as me!

I think I'm going to buy something special & fun for Cadence that I"ll give her after B is born. A 'big sister' gift. I want her to know I'm proud of her & that she's still my princess!

Cadence also enjoyed 'testing out' the new stroller. Dennis put it together last nite so we could get rid of the box & once he put the last tire on, she was in it ready to be pushed around. It took everything to keep her from trying out the carrier - ha!

Til next time...

No comments: