Monday, July 20, 2009

Haircuts, Weddings & Maternity Leave!!

We had a busy weekend but it was nice. Ok, actually only Sat was busy - Sun, we did NOTHING. It was fantastic!!

On Thursday, I took Cadence & we got our hair cut. It was the first haircut for her in 2 1/2 years!!
Before:

During:

After:
Friday we went to St. Thomas's festival. I'm telling you, growing up on the east side, across from St. Thomas & my family belonging there, going ot that festival every year is like going home.
I remember spending my weekends there - living on mexican food & donuts! They have the.best.donuts. I can't tell you how amazing they are. I miss them already & am bummed I have to wait another year for them!!
I entered the basement of the church & the familiar smell of must brought back so many memories. I remember working the dinner w/Erica & DeeAnn one year. Walking through the booths - although most set up different, I remember working those too. This is one of the only church festivals that still has their games at $.25 - Cadence spent $3 & played a ton of games.

Saturday we got up & I did some housework while Dennis did yard work. After we got ready & headed over to Beth's wedding. It was so pretty & everyone looked beautiful..





After the wedding, we went to Denny's & had lunch w/Dennis' mom, sister, niece, aunt, brother & dad.
We left there & went home to relax. Cadence & I played w/the camera...






Then we ran Beth's wedding gift to Marge as the reception was adult only & we weren't attending.

We ended up seeing Harry Potter & were quite dissapointed. It was nothing like we thought it should be :(

Like I said, Sunday we didn't do anything. It was nice & relaxing.
Today I went to the drs & she took me off on maternity leave. I'm so happy. I mean I felt bad for not going back to work - I know that sounds messed up - but really - I felt guilty. Anyway, I'm looking forward to being able to get some sleep. My sleep has been really bad at nite & I'm barely making it through the day. It will be nice to not have to worry about being so tired at work.

I can also finish getting things done here at home to get ready for B's arrival. Going through clothes & spending time w/Cadence playing dollhouse & getting my "hair cut" by her.
Til next time... (which I should be able to do more frequently!)

No comments: