Thursday, July 2, 2009

Thoughtful Thursday

Thoughtful as in I'm doing a a lot of thinking..not as in I've done something thoughtful (I am selfish you know - ha).

I've been thinking about the arrival that we will be having 5 short weeks. Just typing that makes me nervous.

I think, still 5 wks, that's so long, but I know in reality, I'm going to blink & it's going to be here. I'm completely freaked out!!!!!
I mean like, stomach gets watery, my hands get shaky, my heart is beating faster - freaked out!

Are you kidding - how the heck did we get to this point? How is that we're only 5 WEEKS away..soon I'm going to be typing 5 DAYS, than HOURS, than minutes..than seconds..ok, so I probably won't be typing about the last 3 b/c I'm pretty sure typing will be the furthest thing from my mind when I'm that close.

Is Cadence really ready for a baby sister? I mean she loves her mommy & daddy attention. How do I know that I'll be able to split my time evenly? How do I know I won't be jipping her in the attention dept…it will be pretty impossible to jip Baby b/c she's going to need to be fed & changed frequently.

Are Dennis & I ready for a newborn? Cadence was sooo easy - slept through the nite w/in the first week & wasn't fussy. Never had colic, was not high maintenance (oh how times have changed!) - she ruined me - I just know B is going to be the EXACT opposite. And this time we're over 30…what were we thinking?!

On the plus side - we're slowly reaching the being ready w/material items…

Bassinet √
Walker √
clothes √
Boppy √
Floor mat w/toys √
Crib - waiting til we move
Bottles
Pack n Play
Diaper Bag √
Diapers- really you can never have enough & right now we only have 2 pks!
Bouncy Seat
Car Seat
Swing - need to pick up from Val
Diaper Genie - thanks Erica! √

We're getting there - slowly but surely! Plus my co-workers are throwing myself & another girl, Clare (due 8/15) a shower next week. I thought it was a nice gesture, even though, like Lindsay, I feel uncomfortable w/the attention.

Remember back in this post when I said that we got a picture of Cadence on a pony but they still hadn't emailed it to us..well we finally got it...

I'm looking forward to the 3 day weekend..mostly I am anyway. It's going to be busy, but that's how I like it! It keeps me from napping all day - haha.

Tomorrow we will be working on our basement. 3-day weekend + trash getting picked up on Monday + wanting to be ready to move in 4 mos = cleaning the basement...but that also = blah!

Saturday we'll be visiting Gramma for a short while, then off to Timmy's b/day party then off to Sarah's and then to the fireworks!! Should be fun!

Sunday we will be doing NOTHING b/c I'm going to need a day to re-coop!

Have a happy & safe 4th!

til next time...

No comments: