Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thankful Thursday!

I'm thankful that as I enter my 20th week of pregnancy today, things seem to be so much easier than w/Cadence. W/her, I started my 20 wks in the hospital w/kidney problems.

I'm thankful that even in this economy, I have a good job that provides for my family & I.

I'm thankful that the snow is done for the year - I love winter, but I'm ready for a break!

I'm thankful that Cadence is so caring. When I do my shots at nite, she sits on the bed next to me & lays her hand on my left hand & says, it's ok momma - don't say ow, I'm here. Sometimes the needles hurt going in - I hit a nerve or am too close to another bruise. Sometimes the medicine burns, really burns & when these 2 things happen, I may say ow or suck in my breath, but w/Cadence there calming me, it is much easier to suck it up, w/o making any noise.

I'm thankful that we're all healthy - weight issues - yes, but otherwise healthy - it seems so!

I'm thankful that Cadence is funny & understanding. She rarely has to be yelled at b/c she does listen. I may have to repeat myself in a more stern tone or tell her to go to her room, but anything she does, if I tell her not to do it & why, she's pretty good about not repeating it. If I just explode & yell at her w/o explaining it first, she cries such a heartbroken cry, I feel like joining her. She always comes over & says, I'm sorry, do you love me, still - while she's crying. Why she asks this, I don't know, but my answer is - I always love you, mad, sad or happy.

I'm thankful that Dennis has such amazing health insurance. I can't even imagine where we'd be w/o it, especially in this economy.

Last, I'm thankful for the amazing support group I have around me during this pregnancy. My friends have been amazing - emails & phone calls - I especially enjoy the phone calls from those 1200 miles away but the emails from the 7th & 9th floor keep me laughing too - thanks for thinking of me guys!
My family has been great too - calling & checking on me - my favorite New Yorker emails me often to check in - thanks Rachel! I'm lucky to have such a close family - even if they aren't close in distance. Sarah is a pretty great rock too - I'd probably be pretty insane w/o her.

Cadence is thankful for these Hannah 'Tana jammies that she got a couple months ago from Ahrianna for her b/day gift! She loves them!




What are you thankful for? Be sure to let that person know it!

1 comment:

molly lamountain said...

Hey Melissa, I hadn't heard your great news yet! Congratulations! Keeping my fingers crossed everything goes smoothly!
I miss seeing you!